Rafay Systems announces expanded integration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) with native support for Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) Anywhere.
Rafay’s Kubernetes Operations Platform (KOP) enables enterprises and service providers to leverage a single platform to provide automation and governance of Kubernetes operations across cloud (Amazon EKS) and data center (Amazon EKS Anywhere) environments I can do it. As a result, platform teams benefit from the same consistent, repeatable, and easy-to-manage operational workflows for both Amazon EKS Anywhere and Amazon EKS clusters.
Although the growth of cloud computing over the past decade is undeniable, many companies expect to continue running some applications in a data center or colocation environment for legal, security, or regulatory reasons. . An example of such a scenario is shown below.
- Highly regulated companies in the financial services and healthcare sectors who are not allowed to deploy some proprietary applications and related data in cloud environments
- Telco standardizes on Kubernetes for modern application orchestration, deploying applications and Kubernetes on the cloud and across cellular networks
- Remote locations with unreliable internet access that can be impacted for long periods of time lead application owners to deploy applications at the edge instead of the cloud
With Amazon EKS Anywhere, AWS offers enterprises and service providers leveraging hybrid infrastructures a set of tools for deploying Kubernetes clusters in their data centers. These tools match the tools companies already use to deploy Amazon EKS clusters on AWS. Similarly, Rafay customers can benefit from the same consistent and repeatable automation and governance workflows for their Amazon EKS Anywhere clusters as they did for their Amazon EKS clusters. .
“Amazon EKS is the most trusted way to run Kubernetes on AWS. Enterprises are turning to Amazon EKS Anywhere for a similar experience with Kubernetes clusters deployed in their data centers.” said Haseeb Budhani, CEO and co-founder of Rafay Systems. “Rafay’s Kubernetes Operations Platform provides a consistent operational experience for clusters deployed in cloud and data center environments, giving platform teams differentiated automation and governance to operate Amazon EKS and Amazon EKS Anywhere clusters. provide a framework.”
Rafay provides platform teams with a single, integrated solution to standardize operations for Amazon EKS and Amazon EKS Anywhere
Rafay’s KOP provides a broad set of services that enable enterprise platform teams to effectively and efficiently manage and operate clusters of both Amazon EKS (in the cloud) and Amazon EKS Anywhere (in the data center). As a result, platform teams benefit from the same consistent and standardized workflow across both Amazon EKS and Amazon EKS Anywhere clusters. As platform teams deploy and operate Amazon EKS Anywhere in their data centers, they benefit from the following Rafay features:
- Turnkey Amazon EKS Anywhere lifecycle management Can be driven through GitOps frameworks, Terraform providers, Rafay’s CLI or API options, or Rafay’s self-service user interface-based wizards
- Cluster blueprints and drift detection This ensures that your Amazon EKS Anywhere cluster is provisioned with your organization’s approved set of add-ons. Rafay also notifies and optionally blocks unauthorized configuration changes made out of band
- Security and Governance Enforcement This includes role-based separation of duties and a full audit trail of all actions taken on Amazon EKS Anywhere clusters, Kubernetes policy enforcement across cluster fleets, network policy and service mesh enforcement, and more. increase.
- Integrated managed storage Configure, deploy, and operate block, file, and object storage on Amazon EKS Anywhere clusters
- Soft Tenant and Hard Tenant Options to meet enterprise requirements for an enterprise-wide shared services platform that spans cloud and data center environments
- A single, unified Kubernetes operations platform Make it easier for platform teams to manage the full lifecycle of both Amazon EKS and Amazon EKS Anywhere clusters