In the final episode of the Netflix documentary series on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex called “Harry and Meghan,” Prince Harry revealed what he missed most about life at the “institution.”
“I miss those weird family get-togethers where the whole family gets together under one roof at certain times of the year. I miss that,” he said. “You know, being part of an institution meant I was in the UK, so I miss it and I miss my friends.”
The Duke added that he and Meghan Markle “also lost a few friends in the process” in their decision to take a step back and move to California.
He also explained that he moved to Montecito in Santa Barbara “because I changed.”
“I’ve changed to the point where I grow up beyond my environment. So this was the most obvious place to come,” he said, adding that his late mother, Princess Diana, “probably will live.” He added that it was also a place where there was a “strength”.
“I get angry, but I can’t be so angry because I truly feel that I and we are exactly where we should be,” he said. . “We’ve reached the other side.”
Harry’s revelations are set to continue, as the Duke of Sussex’s highly anticipated memoir ‘Spare’ will be published on January 10th.
“I have worn many hats, both literally and figuratively, over the years. I hope I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think,” the royal family said in a press release announcing his new book. “I am thrilled that people will read a first-hand account of my life that is accurate and completely true,” he added.
More revelations from Netflix’s Harry & Meghan:
- Meghan recalls her awkward first meeting with Prince William and Kate Middleton.
- Prince Harry claims William screamed and yelled at him during negotiations to leave the royal family.
- The Duchess of Sussex said her mother was mistaken for her nanny growing up.
- Meghan said the couple’s joint interview after their engagement
Like “rehearsals” and “orchestrated reality shows.”
- The Duke of Sussex says wearing a Nazi uniform was “one of the biggest mistakes” of his life.