The London pub’s decision to brand a beer inspired by Prince’s face as ‘Harry’s Bitter’ may take on a whole new meaning for some drinkers after the release of the Netflix documentary series on the Sussexes.
The Duke of Sussex in Chiswick, London, has been selling house ales since December, but brewery chain Green King’s idea of rebranding with Harry’s image is up to the venue’s own initiative.
The Duke of Sussex describes it on its website as a pub and dining room “on the edge of Acton Green Common”. Its food is advertised as “offering a modern menu with Spanish influences and served fresh on the premises every day.”
A staff member said tonight Harry’s Bitter was still a house ale and was “extremely popular” with bakers. There is an image of Prince Harry with a beard.
Harry’s Bitter has an alcohol content of 3.9% and carries the slogan “The Greatest Drink”. A Greene King spokesperson confirmed that beer is for sale.
A spokesperson said: “It was the decision of the Duke of Sussex pub to create the name and label of the beer, and that decision was not the involvement of Green King Brewery, the only pub where you can find it. .of.”
Harry and Meghan’s “Global Event” Netflix series premiered this week with the first three-hour episodes.
When Prince William and Kate kicked off their US tour last week for William’s Earthshot Awards, reactions to the broadcast were mixed, with some commentators accusing Sussex of being “bitter” for releasing a teaser for the show.
Royal expert Richard Eden said at the time, “This is the day before Prince William and Kate Middleton’s big royal event in America. Bitter Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.”
Netflix said the show will “explore the secret days of their early courtship and the challenges that led them to feel compelled to step away from their full-time roles at the institution.”
READ MORE: William and Kate are heartbroken after losing a dear friend in a plane crash
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have signed lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify believed to be worth more than £100 million after stepping down from the royal family.
The first three episodes of the six-part Netflix series are available to stream, with the rest coming Thursday.
So far, Harry has accused the royal family of having “huge levels of unconscious bias” and Meghan has claimed the media wants to “destroy” her.
The documentary’s third episode referenced an event in 2017 when Princess Michael of Kent wore a Blackmoor-style brooch that was considered racist.
After the documentary aired, controversy erupted over whether the royal family and the palace were given the right to reply to the couple’s controversial show.
Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace and members of the family were not asked to comment on the content of the series, according to a senior palace source.
However, Netflix sources say the King and Prince of Wales’ communications offices were contacted in advance and given a chance to respond to Harry and Meghan’s allegations.
Both Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace have confirmed they received an email from an unknown organization’s address purporting to be from a third-party production company, and have attempted to verify its authenticity with Archewell Productions and Netflix. but did not receive a response.
Don’t miss: Post piles as Royal Mail strike hits delivery centers