Prince Harry reportedly found it “cathartic” to write about his “traumatic” childhood for his upcoming memoir.
“At this stage, we have no regrets,” a royal insider told Us Weekly, adding that it was “a very rough process” as well as “cathartic.”
“And it’s very difficult for him to recount specific traumatic events from his childhood,” the source added.
Harry lost his mother, Princess Diana, in a car accident on August 31, 1997, when he was 12 years old. His estranged brother, Prince William, was 15 at the time.
Sources say the Duke of Sussex is reportedly writing about his life in a way that “minimizes the fallout”.
“Harry has worked hard to strike a balance that minimizes the impact caused by this book,” the insider said, noting that Harry has remained “true to his principles” and will continue to publish at the same time. He added that he was trying to keep the company “happy.” “
“I’m glad I didn’t cancel because I was surprised…
Harry was working with a ghostwriter on ‘Spare,’ but he clearly had all the say in what his book was about and had plenty of time to finish it. .
“[He] I didn’t feel rushed and finished the manuscript the way I wanted,” a source told the website.
Harry said last year that his book should be about his life as a man, not as a prince.
“I am not writing this as the Prince I was born to be, but as the man I became,” Harry said in a statement after Page Six broke the news that he was writing a book. Over the years, I have worn many hats, both literally and figuratively, in telling my story, the good and the bad, the mistakes and the lessons learned, if I could help show them. I hope, no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.”
Despite his intentions, royal experts argue that Harry’s book is harmful to members of his royal family.
“The consequences of this could be far-reaching and very devastating,” royal author Richard Fitzwilliams told the Daily Mail this week.
Fitzwilliams further claimed that the title of the book was “sensational” and “implied it.” [Harry] Unappreciated…he didn’t feel like he was at the center of events. “
The expert also argued that Buckingham Palace was “very concerning, especially since it was early in King Charles’ reign”.
Fitzwilliams thinks Harry “had to wait years” to tell his story.
Royal expert Tom Bauer also told Page Six last month EXCLUSIVELY that the family is “very nervous” about the memoir, calling it a “time bomb.”
The 38-year-old royal has announced that ‘Spare’ will be released on January 10, 2023. This is about four months before the official coronation of his father, Charles III.
Prince Charles’ coronation will take place on May 6, 2023, a date many believe is putting Harry and his wife Meghan Markle down.
Charles, 73, took the throne soon after Queen Elizabeth II died in September, and his wife Camilla inherited the title of queen.
His family has been optimistic about his life as a royal, especially considering he and Markle stepped down from their royal duties in 2020 and moved to California, where they live with their two children, Archie and Lilibet. He is reportedly unhappy with Harry for publishing a memoir about
The couple have since opposed royal institutions, with Markle even claiming in a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey that “the company” did nothing when she asked for help after experiencing suicidal thoughts. did.
Harry and the “Suits” alum, 41, have since signed several deals to share aspects of their stories with platforms like Netflix and Spotify.