Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are in danger of tarnishing their public image as philanthropists in the ‘too many kiss-and-tell’ revelations, according to royal experts. , said the Duke and Duchess of Sussex likely care deeply about their public perception, especially now that they are no longer full-time members of the company, and use their “pull” to defend it. I wondered if
“Meghan and Harry are interested in being portrayed doing charity work, and too much kissing and talking isn’t charity, especially when it comes to the Queen’s passing.
“They will worry about public perception. In America, the Queen is highly respected and they know it.
“The problem is that public perception is very important to them. They are very highly regarded in many circles.”
Indeed, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s philanthropy and work have been publicly recognized by multiple associations in recent times, with the NAACP presenting them with a presidential award in February and the Robert F. Kennedy Society for Human Rights a Ripple of Hope earlier this month. announced that he would win the award.
Fitzwilliams added, “They had a lot of support for Oprah. [Winfrey’s interview]They have a certain charm, but the question is how wisely can you wield this? And how can we bring out the real appeal that we have within Netflix with this documentary series?”
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will sign a deal with Netflix in 2020 to produce documentary series and shows aimed at information and entertainment.
At the moment, we are only officially working on a documentary series called Heart of Invictus, which focuses on the stories of some of the athletes who participated in the Invictus Games in The Hague.
Neither Netflix nor Archwell Productions has announced, but Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are reportedly working on what is being called a stay-at-home documentary series.
READ MORE: Duchess Meghan denied access to second royal family tiara to avoid fights
Fitzwilliams added, “Whether or not they speak out at The Crown will certainly affect the public’s perception of them.”
The Crown, a popular Netlix series that dramatizes the lives of members of the royal family from the late 1940s to the present day, will follow in one episode of its fifth season, in the early 1990s, with then-Prime Minister Sir John Major and Emperor Charles. A prince discusses the longevity of Elizabeth II’s reign and whether it is hurting the monarchy.
Sir John recently lashed out at the scene, stating that such a conversation had never happened before, and describing the proposed plan to overthrow the late Queen as “malicious nonsense”.
A Netflix spokesperson said of the fifth season, which is set to release on November 9, “Series 5 is a fictional dramatization, imagining what happened behind closed doors during a pivotal decade for the royal family.” and defended.
Do not miss it
A string of criticisms surrounding The Crown’s next season reportedly “ratted” Netflix, prompting it to postpone the release of the Sussex documentary series, which was due to be released after the drama show.
A source told Deadline:
In November 2020, after Netflix released the fourth season of The Crown, dozens of commentators, including Princess Diana’s brother Earl Spencer and then-Secretary of Culture Oliver Dowden, sent messages ahead of an episode of the award-winning show and asked for clarification. Although it wasn’t a documentary, the streaming platform rejected this suggestion, stating that the show has always been presented as a ‘drama’ and members are confident they understand it is a ‘work of fiction’. said.
The series focused on the extramarital affairs of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles at the time and the misfortune of the late Princess of Wales, which was believed to have played a role in the wave of online hate that swept the Twitter accounts used at the time. It is by the current king and queen.