Pair guilty of ‘global corruption, armed insurrection and acts against national security’
An Iranian court has sentenced two people to death for an October attack on a shrine in the southern city of Shiraz that killed more than a dozen people, the judiciary said Saturday.
The two were found guilty of promoting “corruption on the ground, armed insurrection, and conduct contrary to national security.” misan online The website reported, quoting Kazem Moussavi, Chief Justice of the Fars State Supreme Court.
Moussavi said he was “directly involved in the arming, procurement, logistics, and luring the main perpetrators” of the October 26 terrorist attack at the Shah Sherah Mausoleum that killed 13 people and injured 30 others.
Three other defendants in the case were sentenced to five, 15 and 25 years in prison for being members of the Sunni Islamic State (IS) group, he said. rice field.
The verdict against the five can be appealed to the Supreme Court, he added.
The main perpetrator of the attack, identified by Iranian media as Hamed Badakhshan, died from injuries sustained during his arrest, Mizan said.
In November, the Islamic Republic said 26 “Takfiri terrorists” from Afghanistan, Azerbaijan and Tajikistan had been arrested in connection with the attack.