Customize Amazon Echo Flash Briefing to Get Personalized News
From playing music to getting the latest news to controlling Amazon Alexa-enabled smart home devices, the Amazon Echo series of speakers have improved our lives. The Amazon Echo speaker gets even better when you start using the Alexa skill. Skills are like mini-apps that you control with your voice. One of our favorite Amazon Echo tips is Alexa’s flash briefing skill that lets you hear all the latest news.
By default, Alexa uses popular news sources. However, you can set up and customize your flash briefing and select your preferred news sources. To set up and customize your Echo’s flash briefing, you’ll need to:
Benefits of Alexa’s Flash Briefing Skill
The biggest advantage of Amazon Echo Flash Briefing is that you can choose from thousands of news sources around the world. It’s not limited to breaking news. NPR, BBC, wall street journal, And even Al Jazeera. Get business stories, in-depth economic and policy news, sports updates and more, depending on your taste.
This article focuses specifically on the Alexa app for Android, but the steps are similar for the iOS app.
How to set up flash briefing
I set up flash briefing using the Alexa app. The Alexa app is available for Android phones on the Google Play Store and the iPhone app can be found on the App Store.
- Open the Alexa app on your Android smartphone and more > setting.
- Scroll down and tap to open news setting.
- Open flash briefing.
- Tap. plus (+) button to add a news source.
- Use the sorting options to sort your news sources based on relevance, average customer reviews, and release date.
- To quickly find your favorite news sources, tap seek icon.
- To add a news source, tap its name, then tap enable option.
Customize your flash briefing
Customizing your flash briefing is the fun part. Pro Tip: Pick some of your favorite news sources. While it may be tempting to pick six different sources to learn more about a subject, a few quality sources are enough when you’re ready to open the door in the morning.
Your Amazon Flash Briefing skill will tell you the news in the order of the sources you added. If you don’t like the order, rearrange them in the order you want to hear them. You can also disable certain news sources if you are not satisfied with the reports.
- Launch the Alexa app and more > setting > news.
- Open flash briefing To View a list of news sources.
- To remove a news source from your flash briefing, turn off the toggle next to its name.
- To sort the order, edit Click the button.
- Use the grab handles to sort the news sources in your preferred order.
- Tap end Save your changes.
- To disable your skill so it doesn’t appear on your preferred news sources, tap add content button.
- Scroll or use the search button to find a news source and tap to open.
- use disable the skill Click the button to remove the source from the list.
Now that you’ve set up and customized your flash briefing, you can listen to it anytime with a simple voice command. Just say, “Alexa, play flash briefing,” You can also report live from your favorite news sources from your Amazon Echo.
Amazon Echo is useful for more than just news
You can use this skill anytime, but Amazon Echo Flash Briefing is great for getting your morning news. If you’re new to Amazon Echo speakers, read our essential first Echo smart speaker tips to learn how to get the most out of your Echo device.
amazon echo studio
Amazon Echo Studio offers great sound at an affordable price. Great sound and Alexa voice assistant integration make it one of the best smart home speakers for your living room or kitchen.