Amazon.com, Inc. AMZN will lay off about 10,000 people in its corporate and technology divisions starting this week, making it the most significant layoff in the company’s history.
The job cuts will focus on Amazon’s device organization, including voice assistant Alexa, its retail division, and human resources, The New York Times reported.
Amazon shares rose 0.6% to $99.09 in premarket trading.
Benzinga’s most accurate Analysts rated the world’s largest online retailers in a recent period.
- Rosenblatt Analyst Burton Crockett .
- accuracy: 52%
- Tigress Financials Analyst Ivan Fines We maintained our buy rating on 11/02/2022 on Meta, but lowered our price target from $232 to $192.
- accuracy: 47%
- DA Davidson Analyst Tom Forte .
- accuracy: 79%
- Morgan Stanley’s Analyst Brian Nowak We maintained our overweight rating on the 10/28/2022 stock, but lowered our price target from $175 to $140.
- accuracy: 57%
- Wedbush Analyst Michael Pachter .
- accuracy: 58%
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. all rights reserved.